Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pure, grain free goodness.
Although I'm not a paleo practicer myself, I do love keeping its guidelines as part of my overall lifestyle choices. I stumbled across a slightly different version of these cookies on Instagram and simply had to try. Oh my goodness, are they good. Particularly fresh out of the oven, they'll quell even the stubbornest sweet tooth!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies - Ingredients
1/2 C coconut flour (finely ground if you can find it)
6 tbsp. coconut sugar
1/3 C coconut oil (melted and cooled)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 C chocolate chips (dairy free or otherwise)
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Add coconut oil and sugar to mixer/bowl and beat together until light and fluffy (appx. 1 min)
2) Add eggs one at a time to oil and sugar mixture, whisking/beating after each. Add vanilla extract to the mixture and beat again until combined
3) Sift together salt, baking soda and coconut flour; add directly to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. (Note: the mixture should be tight, if it's a little loose, add 1 tbsp. of coconut flour to the mix at a time until you reach a cookie dough consistency.) Dump in the chocolate chips and stir until they're evenly distributed
4) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scoop (or tablespoon measure) to scoop out the dough. Roll the cookies into balls in your hands; the cookies won't hold together or hold their nice round shape unless you do!
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown; place the cookies on a cooling rack and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt (optional, but crucial if you love sweet and salty like I do!)
And most importantly, E N J O Y! Bon Appetit Y'all! xx,