Y'all, I cannot stress enough just how delicious this side dish is. When corn on the cob is on sale at Whole Foods, load up. Another one of the recipes I developed for WF of Charlotte, this might just be my new guilty pleasure.
4 ears corn on the cob, removed from husk and cleaned of all the silk
1/4C cotija cheese (or queso fresco, whichever you've got)
1/2 C mayonnaise
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Pince salt + pepper
1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Add the mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper to a small bowl; stir until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and allow mixture to rest in the fridge for approximately two hours.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 2 tbsp. of salt; carefully place the corn in the boiling water and allow to cook for approximately 5-8 minutes, or until al dente.
3. Remove the corn from the pot and place in a large mixing bowl; dump the entire contents of your mayonnaise mixture over top of the corn and top with chopped, fresh cilantro.
4. Use tongs to toss the corn in the mayonnaise mixture until all four ears are evenly coated.
5. Crumble the 1/4C of cotija cheese (or queso fresco) atop the corn and garnish with a little extra fresh cilantro.
My final, humble suggestion is to enjoy this dining al fresco; it gets mighty messy, so don't serve it as a first date meal! This is easily in my top-5 favorite side dishes, and it couldn't be any easier.
Bon Appetit Y'all! XX,